Jun 09.2020Version: 0.14.0
Create 2D animated characters for your retro game.
Piskel was reviewed by Iulian Dinita
Piskel is a graphics software that allows you to make pixel art for 2D retro games.
Piskel is perfect for creating small pixelated animated characters that will give your game a retro feel! You can create small characters with multiple animations, edit them at any time, and view their results by launching a preview of your game.
Piskel is easy to use and allows you to create pixelated characters easily, with clear working tools in the interface. You can import a project to start working on it and even view the result in action as you work on it.
Also, by registering on the developer's website, you can keep your created characters safe or distribute them to other artists. When you're done, the animation can be exported to several different formats, including PNG, GIF, and ZIP.
Piskel is available online but also for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
In conclusion, Pixel has an attractive and extremely functional interface for those who want to create characters from animated pixels.
* Live preview : Check a preview of your animation in real time as you draw. Adjust the frame delay on the fly.
* Google Sign in : No need to remember yet another password, just use your Google account to sign in.
* Export to GIF, PNG... : Several export modes supported. Animated GIFs for sharing, spritesheet PNG/ZIP for bigger projects etc
* Open Source : All the code is open-source and available on GitHub.
* Private gallery : You can chose to make any of your sprites public or private. Private sprites are only visible to you.
* Offline versions : Free desktop & offline applications for Windows, OSX and Linux. Checkout the download page.
+ Piskel has been in our software catalog since Jun 09.2020.
+ The current version is 0.14.0 and has been updated to Jun 09.2020.
Screenshots Add comment