OllyDbg is a program for debugging multithreaded programs, x86 and emphasizes binary code analysis.
OllyDbg is a program designed specifically for debugging multithreaded, x86 (32bits) programs that emphasizes binary code analysis when there is no source code, and it works for the Windows operating system. OllyDbg is able to perform code analyzes, recognize procedures, API calls, switches, tables, constants, and strings, as well as locate routines in object and library (DLL) files. It can also help you decode complicated code sequences and allow you to set conditional interrupt points.
OllyDbg has a simple interface and you can access all commands directly from the main window.
OllyDbgs version can not disassemble binary formats for 64bit processors, but it turns out to be a reliable tool that can troubleshoot applications, track the execution of the program, and recognize complex code constructions.
OllyDbg is a shareware, but you can download it for free.
* Debugs multithread applications
* Attaches to running programs
* Configurable disassembler, supports both MASM and IDEAL formats
* MMX, 3DNow! and SSE data types and instructions, including Athlon extensions
* Full UNICODE support
* Dynamically recognizes ASCII and UNICODE strings - also in Delphi format!
* Recognizes complex code constructs, like call to jump to procedure
* Decodes calls to more than 1900 standard API and 400 C functions
* Gives context-sensitive help on API functions from external help file
* Sets conditional, logging, memory and hardware breakpoints
* Traces program execution, logs arguments of known functions
* Shows fixups
* Dynamically traces stack frames
* Searches for imprecise commands and masked binary sequences
* Searches whole allocated memory
* Finds references to constant or address range
* Examines and modifies memory, sets breakpoints and pauses program on-the-fly
* Assembles commands into the shortest binary form
* Starts from the floppy disk
Multi language GUI (experimental, as yet no translation files - please do it ...Added
Support for AVS instuctions (as yet no AVS2 and high 16 bytes of YMM ...Added
Call stack window (similar to the version 1.10)Added
Handles window (similar to the version 1.10)
~ OllyDbg is a program especially designed for developers!