Jun 03.2020Version: 21.1
Nzb file downloader that can be accessed through the web interface with a minimum of system resources.
NZBGet was reviewed by Razvan Iancu
NZBGet is a Usenet download software that allows you to download all files with the NZB extension in the shortest possible time and with a minimum of system resources.
NZBGet can download NZB files in a formatted group, then check or repair them if necessary and unzip them. This whole mechanism is included to automate your data transfers.
An advantage of this software, because, NZBGet launches directly into your internet browser, through a local IP address and allows it to be easy to use and decompress files very quickly without consuming system resources.
You will have access to a console that will allow you to configure the various options related to its use (storage folder, ports used by the software, subcategories of files for automatic sorting and much more.
At the same time, NZBGet can work very well on a classic PC, but it can also be used on a WLAN router, NAS systems, MediaCenter ...
Here you can search and find NZB files -> nzbindex.com
In conclusion, NZBGet is a binary downloader that allows you to connect to Usenet and download NZB files.
Documentation / Demo
* Performance matters : Unlike downloads from www or ftp the download from usenet requires quite a lot of computation work. NZBGet is optimized for performance and uses very little memory at the same time.
* Cross-platform : NZBGet supports all platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux. Binaries for Windows, Mac and many Linux systems are available right here. Binaries for other platforms can be compiled from sources.
* Works everywhere : Besides desktop class computers NZBGet works on WLAN routers, NAS devices, media players, etc. Some systems come with NZBGet already preinstalled by vendors, others have NZBGet in their app stores - check it out!
* Web-interface : NZBGet runs invisible in background and can be configured and controlled from a web-browser (has a separate theme for smartphones). There is also a console interface to use from terminal.
* Automation : Automatic download, par-repair (if needed), unpack and post-processing. Everything you need to automate your downloads. Powerful RSS filters with duplicate check to fetch and enqueue nzb-files automatically from your favorite indexers.
* Remote control : Third-party apps can communicate with NZBGet using RPC-API. Every feature seen in the built-in web-interface can be used by other programs too. You can also use RPC ability to control NZBGet from your scripts.
+ NZBGet has been in our software catalog since Jun 03.2020.
+ The current version is 21.1 and has been updated to Jun 03.2020.
Works perfectly for years!
Im running this on my home Linux server with a custom-made rss nzb fetcher.
Nice and Easy to use.
NZBGet works great and not demanding to the system configuration.
Good and useful software!
ZXEVEN Add comment
Far superior when compared with some of the competition. Regular updates, works flawlessly on both Windows and Linux (and perhaps BSD which I may try soon).