Command line application for reading, writing and editing metadata information for images, audio and video files.
ExifTool is a command line application that lets you view, edit, and write metadata for multiple file types: audio, video, images, documents, archives, and more.
The application supports multiple processing and works with a wide range of file formats such as 3GP, FLAC, MP3, MP4, GIF, MOV, FLV, AVI, SWF, MPG, PNG, TIFF and BMP.
With ExifTool you can view the information stored in the raw file metadata, rename, move or copy the files to other folders, extract the image, copy the metadata from one file to another, and more.
In conclusion, ExifTool is an application that has many command line-specific overclocking features to help you manipulate metadata in an easy way.
* Reads/writes metadata in a wide variety of files
* Supports many different types of metadata including EXIF, IPTC and XMP
* Includes command-line application plus Perl libraries
* Geotags images from GPS track logs
* Shifts date/time values to fix timestamps in images
* Copies metadata from one file to another
* Processes entire directory trees
* Renames/organizes images based on metadata
write support for XMP-crs:Texture and XMP-drs tagsAdded
a number of new Panasonic NoiseReduction valuesAdded
definition for a new Kodak tag (thanks LibRaw)Added
a couple of new Panasonic AFAreaMode values (thanks Daniel Beichl)
ExifTool for Mac
Works as expected
The best cross-platform Metadata handling tool