Jul 21.2020Version: 0.9.9
A very good file manager that can replace the classic Windows Explorer
Double Commander was reviewed by Iulian Dinita
Double Commander is a free file manager that is built on the idea of Total Commander.
The Double Commander interface comes with two side panels for easy navigation in each folder. It has a built-in file viewer that allows you to display hexadecimal, binary or text files.
The Double Commander manager also has custom tools such as, internal text editor, archive support (ZIP, RAR), extended search function, configurable button bar, file operation log, plug-in support, and many more features that we leave to you to discover.
With Double Commander you can increase the possibilities offered by Windows Explorer, thanks to the double panel that can be organized on files and you can easily copy files from one location to another.
Among the interesting features that this file manager offers, it is also possible to modify the attributes of a file and delete the data in a safe way.
In conclusion, Double Commander is a good and practical file manager and allows you to quickly synchronize and view two directories.
Documentation / Demo
* Unicode support
* Tabbed interface
* Multi-rename tool
* Custom columns
* Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
* Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
* Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
* Most operations working in background
* Extended search function with full text search in any files
* Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
* Total Commander WCX, WDX, WFX and WLX plug-ins support
+ Double Commander has been in our software catalog since Aug 29.2017.
+ The current version is 0.9.9 and has been updated to Jul 21.2020.
best file manager!
thank you very much
NABEBE Add comment
I cant live without this. Thanks for making it.