Nov 21.2019 - Version: 24.0
DocPad is the free alternative for simple text editing with advanced Notepad features.
DocPad is a free and feature rich text editing program made as an alternative to Notepad by Windows. The purpose of this program is the simplicity of text editing and does not offer too many complicated editing tools and features.
The DocPad project could be very well located between OpenOffice and Notepad programs, it offers many advantages in the main window, you can change the skin and choose the optimal color, provide useful tools for HTML coding, a character map and a color picker, rather sophisticated texts, such as literacy or randomization paragraphs, even record repeating action macros.
Below is a list of all the features.
* The Tabbed Document Interface allows you to open multiple files for editing in one window.
* Undo up to 100 changes
* Variable-width fonts
* Edits files with 8-bit ASCII characters or 16-bit unicode characters.
* Search and replace, with case-insensitive, whole-word, and regular expression options.
* Calculator, calendar, and character map tools
* Backups of every changed file can easily be restored
* Spell checking (English and Spanish)
* Toolbar, Status Bar
* Keyboard macros (unlimited in size and number)
* Scalable, skinnable user interface
* Word wrap
* Statistics on characters, words, lines, and paragraphs
* Convert to lower/upper/title/sentence case
* Cut, copy, and paste
* Text drag & drop
* Imports HTML files, converting to plain text
* Print and Print Preview (user can adjust margins, font, page numbering).
* Block indention and unindention
* Jump to line/character
* Normalize spaces
* File type association tool
* Recent file history
* Convert various encodings including Base-64, Quoted-Printable, UTF-8, etc.
* Alphabetization of paragraphs
* Trim trailing spaces from lines
* Detailed help file
Top of the Line Text Editor
Excellent notepad replacement