Oct 23.2020Version: 7.2.3
Make a connection to the database and manage the database.
DBeaver was reviewed by Ionut Tutica
DBeaver is a universal database manager and SQL client and allows the administration of several different databases in a single application.
DBeaver is open source and can support MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, MSSQL, Sybase, Mimer, HSQLDB, SQLite, Derby and any database that has a JDBC driver.
DBeaver has a well-designed user interface, and when you open the application you are required to connect to a database, just fill in the 'server host' field with the server name or IP address. In the 'database' you only need to indicate the name of the database you want to use, 'username' corresponds to the person who has the rights to the database and 'password' to the password of the latter person.
If the drivers for the selected connection are missing, you will be asked to download them directly from the DBeaver website.
The application allows the management of tables, columns, keys, index, data export, as well as transaction management, can generate diagrams and can manage SQL scripts.
In conclusion, the DBeaver application has many possibilities and you can manage different types of databases in the same window and more, you can save the scripts or queries that you can use whenever you want.
* Usability is the main goal of this project, program UI is carefully designed and implemented.
* It is free and open-source (ASL).
* It is multiplatform.
* It is based on opensource framework and allows writing of various extensions (plugins).
* It supports any database having a JDBC driver.
* It may handle any external datasource which may or may not have a JDBC driver.
* There is a set of plugins for different databases and different database management utilities (e.g. ERD, data transfer, compare, data export/import, mock data generation, etc).
+ DBeaver has been in our software catalog since Jun 25.2020.
+ The current version is 7.2.3 and has been updated to Oct 23.2020.
WDCHIN Add comment
Best sql client Ive used. Loved it more than the rest. This is great tool to connect to your db. If you dont like the limitation of the free versions of the commercial ones, this is great alternative.