Feb 27.2020Version: 6.0.0
VidCutter is an easy-to-use open-source tool for for quick and easy video trimming/splitting for simple quick edits.
There are many video and audio editors for Linux, but as a normal user I use VidCutter. This is a cross-platform software program that provides tools for cutting video and audio files.
The program is available for all Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. For Linux, packages that can be downloaded are Arch Linux, Debian, Fedora, Mageia, openSUSE, Ubuntu, and users receive instructions on how to install the app on devices.
VidCutter is not a complex editor but is ideal for users who want to quickly cut a video or audio file and without the need for additional documentation.
With VidCutter you can import a video or soundtrack and they are displayed in the preview area. You can drag the playback position to any frame in the movie, adjust it with your mouse, and play the movie at any time to confirm that you have found the correct position for cutting.
Linux publishers have not always been too efficient, sometimes the software crashed after working hours, were too complicated, but things have improved lately. You can now also work with 4K on OpenShot that is rich in editing features.
However, for clipping video clips or soundtracks, VidCutter is surely the program you need.
* OpenGL hardware accelerated playback (libmpv)
* Lossless, super fast media cutting and joining (FFmpeg)
* Detailed media metadata information (MediaInfo)
* Timeline thumbnails for more accurate seeking
* SmartCut frame-accurate cutting option (disabled by default)
* Attractive, simple to use Qt5 based interface
* Chapter support allowing scene chapter names to be included in final media metadata.
* Flatpak release includes latest stable versions of FFmpeg, libmpv, MediaInfo and PyQt5 running on the KDE platform runtime
+ VidCutter for Linux has been in our software catalog since Feb 13.2018.
+ The current version is 6.0.0 updated to Feb 27.2020.
Great free video / audi0 processing
AIRWARRIOR Add comment
Very good alternative OS!