Mar 26.2021Version: 0.6.6
A simple software for creating hand-drawn 2D animationsPencil2D for Linux was reviewed by Iulia Dupu
Pencil2D for Linux is software designed to reproduce traditional methods of computer animation. You will be able to create manual drawing animations using both vector and bitmap drawings.
When you open the program, you will notice that it is organized in a simple and intuitive interface. There are basic tools such as editing block, drawing tools, color palette and timeline. You can import images, 2D animations, and sounds from the interface to include in your project. Pencil2D for Linux also has all the essential drawing features to recreate a familiar environment, such as classic drawing software.
In addition to traditional drawing tools, you will be able to paint using a pen or brush. You can adjust the size of the pens or brushes you use. Of course, you can choose colors from the palette and fill the paintings with shades. The software has everything you need to create cartoons.
When youre done, you can export your creation as an animation, image sequence, or movie.
In conclusion, Pencil2D for Linux is designed to make traditional animation accessible to everyone.
- Hardware: Intel Pentium G4400 - 3.30GHz - RAM 8GB
- Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
* Minimal Design : Lightweight and easy to use so you can focus on animating and not what button to hit next.
* Raster & Vector : Seamlessly switch between raster and vector workflows, allowing you to sketch, ink & paint on the go.
* Cross-Platform : Pencil2D is cross-platform and runs on Windows, macOS, Linux.
* Open Source & Free : Pencil2D is completely open source and free to use, even commercially!
+ Pencil2D has been in our software catalog since Mar 26.2021.
+ The current version is 0.6.6 updated to Mar 26.2021.
Screenshots Pencil2D for Linux Add comment
All downloads are original and not repacked or modified in any way by us. Secured downloads are files hosted.