Aug 01.2020Version: 7.0.5
A UDP, TCP communication software between a server and client computers.
Packet Sender for Linux was reviewed by Ionut Tutica
Packet Sender for Linux is software that allows you to send and receive simple TCP and UDP packets to a specific destination on your network. All you have to do is specify an IP, port, and packet, and then the text packet is sent to your destination.More information about Packet Sender for Linux
Packet Sender for Linux has many uses, testing network APIs, testing network connectivity, and firewalls, technical support, and security research.
The interface is relatively easy to use and for each operation, the software allows you to choose the protocol you prefer (TCP or UDP). After entering the IP address to be tested, port, and additional data in the dedicated fields, click Submit to begin the process, or you can save the configurations to test again later. The results reveal in detail the process that you can in a log file.
In conclusion, Packet Sender for Linux is very useful when quickly testing server sockets, without having to write your own application for testing specialized traffic.
Documentation / Demo
- Packet Sender for Linux has been in our software catalog since Dec 30.2018 and has reached 3 downloads.
- The current version is 7.0.5 and has been updated to Aug 01.2020.Packet Sender for Linux features
* Controlling network-based devices in ways beyond their original apps
* Test automation (using its command line tool and/or hotkeys)
* Testing network APIs (using the built-in TCP, UDP, SSL clients)
* Malware analysis (using the built-in UDP, TCP, SSL servers)
* Troubleshooting secure connections (using SSL ).
* Testing network connectivity/firewalls (by having 2 Packet Senders talk to each other)
* Stress-testing a device (using intense network generator tool)
* Tech support (by sending customers a portable Packet Sender with pre-defined settings and packets)
* Sharing/Saving/Collaboration using the Packet Sender Cloud service.
Screenshots Packet Sender for Linux
TJCN457 Add comment
Sends TCP and UDP packets. Also can act as a server to receive TCP and UDP packets. Also has a command line interface.