Mar 05.2020Version: 2.5.1
We designed OpenShot for Linux Video Editor to be an easy to use, quick to learn, and surprisingly powerful video editor.OpenShot for Linux was reviewed by Anca Hutu
OpenShot for Linux free video editor is a Jonathan Thomas masterpiece and it was first developed for Linux users, and has since branched out to other platforms. OpenShot for Linux Video Editor is an free an open-source editor with many powerful features.
OpenShot for Linux Video Editor used FFmpeg tools means its able to properly handle many different video, audio and image formats.
It has a compact, but user-friendly interface, which has a dark background. From the main window you can access all the video editing features, preview your work, and access the timeline. In other words, you can familiarize yourself with the UI in a few moments.
OpenShot for Linux is a capable video editor with plenty of features and functionality. Experienced editors will appreciate the video transitions, overlays, watermarks, title creators and templates, rotoscoping support, key frame animation, and range of digital effects. You may have to spend a little time setting it up and learning how everything works.
OpenShot for Linux is very easy to use. Like all video editors, the first thing you do is create a new project. After editing the video to your satisfaction, you can preview it before exporting it in any format you need.
* Cross-Platform: OpenShot is a cross-platform video editor, with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
* Trim & Slice: Quickly trim down your videos, and find those perfect moments. OpenShot has many easy ways to cut your video.
* Animation & Keyframes : Using our powerful animation framework, you can fade, slide, bounce, and animate anything in your video project.
* Unlimited Tracks: Add as many layers as you need for watermarks, background videos, audio tracks, and more.
* Video Effects: Using our video effects engine, remove the background from your video, invert the colors, adjust brightness, and more.
* Audio Waveforms: Visualize your audio files as waveforms, and even output the waveforms as part of your video.
* Title Editor: Adding titles to your video has never been easier. Use one of our templates, or make your own.
* 3D Animations: Render beautiful 3D animated titles and effects, such as snow, lens flares, or flying text.
* Slow Motion and Time Effects: Control the power of time, reversing, slowing down, and speeding up video. Use a preset or animate the playback speed and direction.
* Edit Video: Drag and drop video, audio, or images from your file manager into OpenShot. Its that easy to get started video editing.
* Simple User Interface: We have designed OpenShot to be the easiest and friendliest video editing software ever! Give it a try and see for yourself.
+ OpenShot has been in our software catalog since Oct 31.2018.
+ The current version is 2.5.1 updated to Mar 05.2020.
Screenshots OpenShot for Linux
OpenShot is free and open source video editor. It has a lot of features and the best one, by my humble opinion, is audio editing and audio options that are available to anyone that is interested to learn and make something more.
While Openshot is a good video editor in general my favorite feature is its powerful audio editing. When I need to create a video with an intense soundtrack Openshot is my go to editor.
ANCA680 Add comment
Openshot is a free and open source software. It is maintained by a community of programmers that are very helpful in keeping it working and up to date.