for Linux ambition is to provide ergonomics and functionality for most users, whether they are individuals, companies or public organizations.
Completely free, OpenOffice
for Linux is a complete office suite that combines word processor, spreadsheet and presentation tool. Originally published by Sun and then by Oracle, the suite is now being developed by the Apache Foundation.
The project consists of the development of a cross-platform office suite available for Windows, macOS and Linux. OpenOffice
for Linux can associate open file formats with file formats designed under the Microsoft Office suite.
Like LibreOffice, OpenOffice
for Linux is considered a strong free and credible competitor to Microsoft Office and offers a set of 6 tools:
* Writer - a full word processor for designing text documents, letters or resumes;
* Calc - a complete spreadsheet for calculating, analyzing and presenting spreadsheets, graphs and data classification;
* Draw - a tool dedicated to creating diagrams or communication media;
* Database - a software for managing databases, creating and modifying tables, forms and queries;
* Impress - the tool for creating slide shows and interactive and multimedia presentations;
* Math - a software to create complex mathematical equations.How to install Apache OpenOffice on UbuntuOpenOffice
for Linux has a clean interface and is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Office and has a spelling checker, except that it is not enabled by default because a dictionary must be installed. With OpenOffice
for Linux Draw you can create vector drawings to integrate into documents or presentations. At the same time, OpenOffice
for Linux offers a database management system called Base. This is a serious alternative to Microsoft Access. It should also be noted that the program also supports OpenXML documents. Which makes it even more practical.
It should be noted that OpenOffice
for Linux offers a wide range of themes, document templates and extensions to customize the interface and extend its functionality.
In conclusion, OpenOffice
for Linux is a professional quality office suite, which includes all the tools that users need: word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, database.