Feb 26.2020 - Version: 19.03
A Linux distribution that is based on the Puppy programming environment, using the LXDE desktop environment
LxPup is a Linux distribution, open source, and is designed for use on older hardware computers. LxPup is built in the LXDE environment and is based on the Puppy Linux operating system.
Because it uses LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment), Linux distribution is much faster because it uses much less RAM than any other open source desktop environment.
It is available and distributed in ISO format, and can be implemented on a USB device or can be written to CDs.
LxPup is based on default applications including PCManFM file manager, Mozilla Firefox web browser, Sylpheed email client, gFTP FTP client, GNOME MPlayer video player, pMusic audio player and Gnumeric spreadsheet editor and many more. we let you discover them.
In conclusion, LxPup is a small Linux distribution that allows you to turn any computer (even the older ones) into a super simple, fast and secure machine.
* The distribution is small in size
* Allows booting via CD, DVD, USB stick and more
* It runs in RAM, which makes it a very fast operating system (compared to operating systems that require a disk)
* Few hardware requirements
* Start time in the order of 30 to 40 seconds
* Includes a wide range of work applications, games, image editors
* Detects most system hardware
Latest versions (21-jan-2020) are:
This is GREAT. I really like the look and feel and philosophy of what you are putting together. Please keep it up!
LxPup Xenial is absolutely PERFECT for me! Its really amazing. I was a forced Wind*ws user until now. Thx so much!