This software offers a free, reliable and complete solution for video and audio editing
Kdenlive for Linux was reviewed by Ionut Tutica
* Multi-track video editing : Kdenlive allows you to use and arrange several audio and video tracks, each one can be locked or muted to your convenience.
* Use any audio / video format : Being based on the powerful FFmpeg libraries, Kdenlive can use almost any audio and video formats directly without the need to convert or re-encode your clips.
* Configurable interface and shortcuts : You can arrange and save your custom interface layouts to fit your workflow. Keyboard shortcuts can also be configured to match your preferences.
* Titler: Create 2D titles for your projects.
* Many effects and transitions : Dozens of effects are available, ranging from color correction to audio adjustments, as well as all the standard transform options.
* Audio and video scopes : Monitor your audio level or check the color scopes to make sure your footage is correctly balanced.
* Proxy editing : Kdenlive can automatically create low resolution copies of your source clips to allow you doing the editing on any computer, and then render using full resolution.
* Automatic backup : Your project file is automatically backed up every few minutes, and older versions of the project file are also kept in case you need to roll back to a previous version.
* Online resources : Download render profiles, wipes and title templates directly from the interface.
* Timeline preview : Sometimes when using hi-res footage or complex effects, real-time playback is not possible.
Kdenlive is a fantastic program that has become indispensable to me. Its powerful, for the most part stable, and very capable. Thanks for this great software!