Dec 02.2019 - Version: 15.10
GCompris is a high quality educational software suite comprising of numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10.
Some of the activities are game orientated, but nonetheless still educational.
Below you can find a list of categories with some of the activities available in that category.
* computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gestures, ...
* arithmetic: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror image, ...
* science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric simulation ...
* geography: place the country on the map
* games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku ...
* reading: reading practice
* other: learn to tell time, puzzle of famous paintings, vector drawing, cartoon making, ...
Currently GCompris offers in excess of 100 activities and more are being developed. GCompris is free software, that means that you can adapt it to your own needs, improve it and, most importantly, share it with children everywhere.
How to install GCompris for Linux
1. Download the gcompris-for-linux.sh file
2. open the terminal and go to the path where you downloaded the file and run .sh
3. Attention you have to go through the whole list of terms and conditions - up to point 17 - and then you have to be careful that the question follows if you agree with these terms and conditions - implicitly it is NO - and choose YES
4. Unzip the program and find it in the path where you downloaded the initial file gcompris-for-linux.sh.
5. continue to the terminal and open the folder
In the bin folder you will find and run the gcompris-qt.sh file
It works perfectly - very successful
Screenshots GCompris for Linux
Biggeset and greatest education program
Excellent educationnal software for my kids
Perfect for small kids