Feb 26.2020Version: 15.10
Introduce children to computer use from an early age, using GCompris for Linux software.
GCompris for Linux was reviewed by Iulian Dinita
GCompris for Linux is an educational software that offers fun programs for children between the ages of 2 and 10, but keep in mind that it is not advisable to put a child in front of the screen before 3 years.
With the evolution of technology, there are different ways to educate children that must be done by knowing and introducing them to the cyber world. Thus, GCompris for Linux was specifically designed to educate different, easier, smarter and more fascinating ways of teaching children the basics.
GCompris for Linux offers activities organized in the following areas: Computer discovery (keyboard, mouse, etc.), games, reading training exercises, time reading exercises, famous puzzle-shaped paintings, vector drawing and more.
In addition to introducing children to a computer, GCompris for Linux can teach them school subjects such as math, science, geography, reading, and more, but unlike the traditional method of teaching in school, children learn these subjects while having fun.
GCompris for Linux also contains games that focus on intellectual development and embedded games that allow you to enrich your knowledge.
In conclusion, GCompris for Linux contains varied and rich educational topics, and the software integrated activities are both educational and fun.
How to install GCompris for Linux
1. Download the gcompris-for-linux.sh file
2. open the terminal and go to the path where you downloaded the file and run .sh
3. Attention you have to go through the whole list of terms and conditions - up to point 17 - and then you have to be careful that the question follows if you agree with these terms and conditions - implicitly it is NO - and choose YES
4. Unzip the program and find it in the path where you downloaded the initial file gcompris-for-linux.sh.
5. continue to the terminal and open the folder
In the bin folder you will find and run the gcompris-qt.sh file
It works perfectly - very successful
Below you can find a list of categories with some of the activities available in that category.
* computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gestures, ...
* arithmetic: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror image, ...
* science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric simulation ...
* geography: place the country on the map
* games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku ...
* reading: reading practice
* other: learn to tell time, puzzle of famous paintings, vector drawing, cartoon making, ...
+ GCompris for Linux has been in our software catalog since Dec 30.2016.
+ The current version is 15.10 updated to Feb 26.2020.
Biggeset and greatest education program
Excellent educationnal software for my kids
BENTONQUEST Add comment
Perfect for small kids