is an application for viewing and editing symmetrically encrypted text. Using a simple and convenient graphical and command line interface, EncryptPad
provides a tool for encrypting and decrypting binary files on disk while offering effective measures for protecting information, and it uses the most widely chosen quality file format **OpenPGP**.
Unlike other OpenPGP software which main purpose is asymmetric encryption, the primary focus of EncryptPad
is symmetric encryption.
Why use EncryptPad?
* Multi-platform codebase: it has been compiled on three popular operating systems and can be adapted to more.
* Portable: simply copy the executable to a memory stick or a network drive and use on all your computers.
* Simple to use: EncryptPad
is a text editor and an encryption tool for binary files but it saves encrypted, compressed and integrity protected files.
* Open source with concise codebase: you can read the code or ask somebody you trust to read it for you to ensure that there are no back doors and your information is safe.
* OpenPGP file format: you can encrypt a file with another tool (gpg for example) implementing the format and open it with EncryptPad
and vice versa.
* Double protection: randomly generated key files in addition to passphrases.Documentation / Demo