Jan 17.2020 - Version: 1.1.3
Astroffers is a deep sky object offering application, that shows the currently observable objects by your location. Useful filter options help you to find the most relevant hits, such as type, brightness and sky illumination.
* Astroffers based on the NGC database, however even the Messier catalog numbers are displayed, which has. You can search by these catalog numbers and even the well-known names. Every deep sky object has a pretty preview image.
* Astroffers is an offline application, so you can use it under the sky without internet connection. Only the objects preview images need online status.
* Astroffers offer results based on your time and location, therefore you need to set up your coordinates befure using. You can also use the suggested network position.
* DSO observability depends on their brightness and your telescopes diameter, so Astroffers allows you to filtering by magnitude or surface brightness.
* If you interested for a special object type or types, you can set your filter accordingly. Astroffers has also ability for filtering by constellation.
* Astroffers considers the position of Sun and Moon, because they influence the observability of objects. You can define the interpretation of the twilight and the astronomical night. If you do not care about the Moon, you can ingore the Moons position.
* You can find a clear and simple overview of the sky illumination including twilight, Moons light pollution and astronomical night. Also you can follow on charts the altitude and azimuth curves of an object during the night.
Screenshots Astroffers for Linux
For amateur astronomers, its an app you never knew you needed until you try it. Really helps planning which objects to observe during a given night.